An Launch to the Examination of the Technology in the Literature by Kurt Vonnegut
OutlineThesis: Technology may be the villain in Kurt VonnegutВ’s works as a result of his hatred of corporate insensitivity and his knowing of the destructive social effects of research and technology.
I. Kurt Vonnegut has a great knowing of the destructive social impression of science and technology.
A. Contraptions that Vonnegut calls В“interpersonal transplantsВ” replace connection with the awful real relatives and good friends with synthetic ones.
1. Computers minimize human contact better still than Television setВ’s and CD players with headphones can.
2. Vonnegut voices his hate of the computer system since it is a nervous program outside of our own.
3. The beginning of this was in the 4th century before Christ; audiences accepted persons who memorized what to say on level as genuine relatives.
4. Films and plays show us persons talking a lot more entertainingly than really people talk and shows human beings making sounds very much lovelier than real humans make.
5. All these have contributed to our insufficient connection with our families and other humans
B. We no more have developed imaginations as a result of technological developments.
1. Parents and teachers must be show support develop our imaginations.
2. Imagination was very important once since it served as our main source of entertainment.
a. Persons used to be able to